Current Affairs 2017 Paper CSS
FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION – CSS
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION – 2017
FOR RECRUITMENT TO POST IN BS – 17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
PART – I (MCQs): MAXIMUM 30 MINUTES
PART – I (MCQs): MAXIMUM MARKS = 20
PART – II MAXIMUM MARKS = 80
(i) Part – II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
(ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART – II. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
(iii) All the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different places.
(iv) Candidate must write Q. No. in the Answer Book in Accordance with Q. No. in the Q. Paper.
(v) No Page / Space be left blank between the answers. All the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed.
(vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the attempted question will not be considered.
PART – II
Q.2 Highlight the role of National Action Plan (NAP) in stabilization of internal security of Pakistan. Critically analyze its outcomes?
Q.3 What measures do you suggest to improve the security conditions of Baluchistan in respect to China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC), and the role of regional powers to sabotage it?
Q.4 Critically analyze the US-Russia relations in context of ISIS and its impact on the security situation of Middle East.
Q.5 Explain the salient contours of the US ‘rebalancing’ policy and China’s assertive policy in South China Sea and latter’s disputes with the regional countries. Critically evaluate.
Q.6 The impact of burgeoning US-India strategic partnership over the security situation of the region and Indian Ocean Region.
Q.7 Critically examine China’s strategic vision behind its ‘One Belt, One Road’ venture.
Q.8 (a) Analyze the effects of commissioning of nuclear-powered ballistic missile submarine (SSBN), INS Arihant equipped with nuclear-capable missile called K-4 over the strategic stability of South Asia.
(b) US-India in August 2016 signed Logistic Exchange Memorandum of Agreement (LEMOA) that will reportedly facilitate the two allies to use each others military facilities to check China’s growing influence. Comment.
- Objective Resolution was presented by: Liaquat Ali Khan
- Oldest Tennis games belongs to: Wimbledon
- Capital of Kyrgyzstan: Bishkek
- Sue Canal connects: Mediterranean Sea and Red Sear
- Which country will host FIFA world 2018: Russia
- OIC Members are: 57
- EU Members are: 28
- Duration of second cold war:1947-91
- NPT stands for : Non-Proliferation Treaty
- AFP is the news agency of : France
- HQ of International Court of Justice is at: Hague
- Oldest satellite launch site: Kazakhstan (Baikonur)
- Current head of state of UK is: Elizabeth II
- Which country has been British Colony? Burma
- Collapse of USSR was caused by: Pressure for conformity to ideology
- Largest cotton producer is : China
- Hiroshima was bombed by US on: 6 Aug 1945
- First Muslim Nobel Prize winner is : Anwar Sadat
- Last census in Pakistan was conducted in : 1998
- Largest Gas Resources are in: Russia