Islamic Studies CSS 2017 Paper
FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION – 2017
FOR RECRUITMENT TO POST IN BS – 17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
PART – I (MCQs): MAXIMUM 30 MINUTES
PART – I (MCQs): MAXIMUM MARKS = 20
PART – II MAXIMUM MARKS = 80
(i) Part – II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
(ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART – II. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
(iii) All the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different places.
(iv) Candidate must write Q. No. in the Answer Book in Accordance with Q. No. in the Q. Paper.
(v) No Page / Space be left blank between the answers. All the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed.
(vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the attempted question will not be considered.
PART – II
Q.2 Who is entitled to receive Zakat according to the Quran? Elucidating social impact of Zakar, clarify how can poverty be alleviated with its distribution in Islamic Society?
Q.3 Write a comprehensive note on the right of inheritance granted to women by Islam.
Q.4 How were the Rightly Guided Caliphs elected? To what extent their system of government be regarded as democratic?
Q.5 Elucidate how the Prophet of Islam (Peace be upon HIM) exemplified him as the greatest peace maker in the world by making reconciliation with pagans, Jews and Christians?
Q.6 Explain the concept of self-purification in the light of Qur’an and Sunnah and its impact on society.
Q.7 Enumerate the reasons of extremism in Pakistan and suggest solutions to eradicate it in the light of Islamic teachings.
Q.8 Define Ijma’ (consensus) and explain its different kinds. Highlights its importance in the light of the Qur’an and Sunnah.
- Categories of peoples who are entitled to receive Zakat:8
- The period of Islamic Caliphate lasted for nearly: 30 years
- Salat-e-Istisqa is offered for: Rain
- Scribe of the Treaty of Hudaibiya: Hazrat Ali (RA)
- Literal meaning of Hajj is: Intend to go somewhere
- In Ghazwa-e-Khandaq, the salats combined by the Holy Prophet (PBUH): Zuhr and Asr
- Jibrael means: Abdullah; Abdul Aziz (Servant of the almighty); Abdur Rehman (The servant of the Merciful)
- Ghazwa-e-Ahzab is also called: Ghazwa-e-Khandaq
- First lady inspector of Madina appointed by Hazrat Umar (RA) was: Umm Al-Shifaa bint Abdullah
- The members of committee constituted by Hazrat umer (RA) to elect next caliph: 6
- “Islam at the Crossroads” written by: Muhammad Asad
- Sahi Bukhari and Sahi Muslim collectively are: Sahihan
- Title given to Imam Malik: Mujtahid-e-Mutliq
- Purpose of fasting is described in Quran as: Taqwa
- Hazrat Usman was chosen by: Abdur Rehman bin Auf
- Five Salats were made obligatory at the time of: Meraj
- People present at the last sermon: Nearly 1,24,000
- Law of refraction given by: Ibn al-Haitham
- Abu al-Qasim al-Zahrawi was a: Physician & surgeon
- No. of clauses of Medina Charter: 53