Pakistan Affairs CSS 2017 Paper
FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION – 2017
FOR RECRUITMENT TO POST IN BS – 17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE-III (PAKISTAN AFFAIRS)
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
PART – I (MCQs): MAXIMUM 30 MINUTES
PART – I (MCQs): MAXIMUM MARKS = 20
PART – II MAXIMUM MARKS = 80
(i) Part – II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
(ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART – II. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
(iii) All the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different places.
(iv) Candidate must write Q. No. in the Answer Book in Accordance with Q. No. in the Q. Paper.
(v) No Page / Space be left blank between the answers. All the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed.
(vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the attempted question will not be considered.
PART – II
Q.2 Pakistan’s national culture reflects unity in diversity. Elaborate.
Q.3 Discuss the role of judiciary in the constitutional development of Pakistan.
Q.4 CPEC is a flagship project of One Belt One Road (OBOR) and a regional game changer. Explain.
Q.5 Explore the significance of Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) for Pakistan.
Q.6 Enumerate the measures adopted by HEC for promotion of higher education and qualitative research in Pakistan.
Q.7 Explore the option of alternative energy resource to overcome energy crisis in Pakistan.
Q.8 How general elections in 2002, 2008 and 2013 strengthened democracy in Pakistan.
- Anjuman-i-Himayat-i-Islam was founded in: September 1884
- Moen Jo Daro was discovered in: 1922 (By R. D. Banerji)
- Current Ambassador of Pakistan to China: Masood Khalid
- The Simla Deputation met the Viceroy: Lord Minto
- Author of “My Life A Fragment”: Mohammad Ali Jouhar
- Seventh Prime Minister of Pakistan: Malik Feroz Khan Noon
- 18th Amendment to the 1973 Constitution was passed on: April 8, 2010 (National Assembly) April 19, 2010 (Presidential Assent)
- Friday declared Official holiday on: July 1, 1977
- PTV started its colour transmission in: 1976
- Who led funeral Prayers of Quaid-e-Azam: Shabbir Ahmad Usmani
- Pakistan’s largest artificial lake: Keenjhar Lake
- Writer of Humsafar: Farhat Ishtiaq
- First Vice President of Pakistan: Nurul Amin
- National Anthem composed by: Ahmed Ghulamali Chagla
- Total number of US Electoral College votes: 538
- Indian to receive Pakistan’s highest award: Morarji Desai
- Total number of Basic democrats in 1965: 80,000
- Recipients of Nishan-e-Haider: 10
- First embassy in Pakistan opened by: Iran
- US Ambassador who died with General Zia in plane crash: Arnold Lewis Raphel